Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bounties of Summer...

Green Onions
Zucchini
Kitty Belle
Arugula
Here is a portion of my garden.  We have loads of romaine lettuce and green onions.  My basil loves this desert climate and so do my zucchini.  Thanks to http://www.wormpoop.com my Mother's website, I have this beautiful garden that I planted the end of June and has blessed us with fabulous food for our table by the end of July.  So, as a thank you to the season, I will prepare my favorite homemade gf pizza complete with the herbs and vegetables from my garden...Oh how I love the bounties of Summer.
Love ya, Your GF Farmgirl!
P.S.  Check out my link list...I just found a great site called: http://www.treasurebox.org.  It isn't gluten free however, it is a fabulous site where families in California and Arizona can go to purchase a box of food for $30.00 for one week of meals.  It's nutritious and perfect for this kind of economy...so, pass it along to all your foodie friends and maybe they can save a buck or two.  I plan on ordering my box next week.